Saturday, February 26, 2011

Baby Boy Shower Favors - A How To

There is a baby shower at work on Monday for a teacher having a baby boy.  I offered to make favors. 

Today I went shopping for the materials - 2 bags of Cookies and Cream Hershey's Kisses, card stock - I went with a blue, scrapbook paper - I went with a brown with stripes and buttons (which I chose to coordinate with the saying I chose), ribbon (which I ended up not using), and little baggies - that are 3 x 4.

I used Word to make the little tags. They say "A baby boy is so very sweet, from his cute button nose to his tiny feet! If you are interested you can send me an email and I can send you the PDF file to print out your own.  I printed the tags on the blue paper and cut them out.  Then I cut the patterned card stock paper.  I glued the blue paper on to the patterned paper.  Then I folded the paper in half.

Next I used a glue gun to attach the baggies of candy (which my daughter filled for me...while eating some of the candy) to the inside of the flaps of paper.  I think they turned out super cute and I think they will be a hit at the shower.

If you have any questions regarding how to make you own candy favor bags, please post a comment below.  I will be more than happy to help.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute!!

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

Adorable! I have a friend who's baby shower is next month; these would be perfect! I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!