Thursday, October 4, 2012

COOKIE Butter (or Biscoff) Cookies

Cookie butter or Biscoff is pretty popular.  I always hear others rave about it on other blogs or on Instagram.  So a few months back while at Trader Joes I had to pick up a jar.  But when I tried a spoonful I didn't really care for it.  I am a Jif Reduced Fat kind of girl.
 
Last weekend I stumbled across a recipe for Cookie Butter Cookies and figured it was a great use of the cookie butter or Speculoos (the name on the Trader Joe's jar) that was still in my cabinet.

 
 
 
 
I got the recipe from The Coterie Blog and tweaked it a tiny bit.
 
Let me just say... these were a big hit.  My husband brought the leftovers to work and the guys at work also enjoyed them.  My husband may have also requested I make him a cookiewich after dinner tonight with vanilla and a bit of chocolate ice cream smashed in between two of these great cookies.
 
 
 
--------------------------------
 
Cookie Butter Cookies -
 
3/4 c. cookie butter/Trader Joe's Speculoos
1/2 c. butter - softened
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. vanilla
 
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
 
In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and cookie butter on medium to high for 30 seconds. Add in 1/2 cup of the flour, the sugars, the egg, the baking soda, baking powder, and the vanilla.  Beat until thoroughly combined.  Beat in the remaining flour until well incorporated.
 
And if you like to eat raw cookie dough... have a nibble.  This dough is fabulous.
 
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. I placed mine on a pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake 9 minutes until lightly browned, then cool on a wire rack.
 
This recipe makes about 2 dozen. 

I am linking up this post here -

-
 


No comments: