Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday Thoughts...

I have been in a blogging rut lately... and thought I'd share some recent thoughts...

~ I made dinner all four weeknights this week - for me that is Monday - Thursday and lets just say that rarely... if ever happens. So I have already told my husband tomorrow night we are going out and I plan on ordering my favorite salad - even though I think it is overpriced.  Its chopped romaine lettuce, gorgonzola cheese, dried cranberries, walnuts, grilled chicken, and a honey balsamic dressing. So far this week I made homemade pizzas, a whole chicken in the crock pot - easiest dinner ever, chicken tacos in the crock pot, and organic Italian chicken sausage with onions and peppers.  Nothing fancy... but I am tooting my own horn for cooking... especially tonight when I didn't want to and my husband threw the Chinese take out menu out on the counter.

~ Madison is loving cheer leading.  Every time I turn around she is doing a cheer.  Tonight I went to pick her up and she was standing there... in the middle of the practice field... tons of people around... just in a sports bra.  Let me tell you... I should have gotten my pajama clad self out of the car right then and there and yanked her up.  Apparently she needed a reminder this evening not to get undressed at cheer practice.  She "says" her shirt got wet... Umm... sure.

~ The week before last Georgetown Cupcakes was offering 40% off.  I have always wanted to try them - so I ordered a dozen.  They arrived a little bit mangled... and I have yet to hear back from the email I sent them regarding this which is a bit annoying... but even mangled they were some of the best cupcakes I have ever tasted.  I think the key lime was my favorite.

~ I am loving the new show The New Normal.  I hear some people are all up in arms about it because is portrays a gay couple in a positive way, but I thought it was hysterical and I plan on watching the rest of the season.  I am also hooked on Abby & Brittany the show about the now 22 year old conjoined twins - the other week when they graduated from college - I sobbed because I thought it was so wonderful that they lead such a normal and happy life.

1 comment:

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Nice work making dinner 4 days in a row! While I love to cook, I rarely make dinner that many days in a row either. ;)

Sports bra. Gasp. I am not sure I'm cut out to be a girl mama. Of course I'll take what I can get, but yikes!

I feel like gay couples have been portrayed positively in recent shows (Modern Family?)... the issue I have is why they only ever show homosexual men and not women? When was the last show we've seen with two women together? Just a thought.