Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Catching Up...

I haven't blogged in awhile.  I have been busy.  When I have free time I have been spending it doing things other than working on my blog.

Madison spent her spring break visiting my parents in Virgina.  She had a fabulous time.  She had a makeover - haircut, eyebrows waxed, manicure and pedicure while she was there.  She also went shopping with Grammy and picked out a bunch of new spring/summer clothes.  We are happy to have her back.

I am in a new position at work.  I am no longer working as a contractor, but am finally an actual employee of the company.  I received a small promotion and a small raise... which is good because I LOVE working from home and hope I can work for this company as long as I have to work. 

Madison planted tulips in the front yard.  On Monday she went outside and cut some for me to put in a vase.  They are beautiful.



We finally picked up our table from the place we ordered it from in Cape Cod.  We love it and have enjoyed three dinners so far at the new table.



I finished reading Catching Fire.  This morning I headed to Barnes and Noble right when they opened.  I picked up Fifty Shades of Grey and Mockingjay... and a passion fruit ice tea lemonade.  I have been reading a lot more lately.




This afternoon after work and school... these two had a short nap on the couch before dinner.  These two are definitely joined at the hip.



Madison turns 13 in October.  I am working on a book for her.  I am including 13 Life Lessons... since she is turning 13.  I plan on including stories from when she was little and stories from my own life, with things I want her to know and remember for the rest of her life.  I cannot wait to get it done.  I think it will be an amazing keepsake.   I cannot wait to share parts of it when it is completed.


1 comment:

Eyes Wide Open said...

What an awesome idea for a gift!!! Love it, and can't wait to see a preview on here.
Love the pic of Chris and Maddie...it must make you feel so wonderful that your partner and your daughter are so close.
x