Monday, May 14, 2012

Miscellany Monday

1. My 34th Birthday

Today is my 34th birthday.  I remember when I thought that was old.  I certainly don't feel old.  I don't feel like I think 34 should feel... if that is even possible. To celebrate my birthday I took the day off of work.  I have no idea how I will spend my day... other than I will spend it not working.  Yay me.  With that said, I will probably spend an hour meal planning and grocery shopping.

2. Mother's Day

Thanks to Chris and Maddie I had a great day.  I would say my favorite thing was the beautiful card I received from my husband.  Maddie and Chris brought me breakfast, flowers, cards, and a book.  Madison even made me a hand painted flower pot at school.  I was so surprised they made stuff at her new middle school. Then we spent the afternoon at the mall (Maddie needed new bathing suits) and had a fabulous lunch at PF Changs.  It was a great, yet bittersweet today... I cannot help but think how different today should have been. 



3. Blogging Blah

I am sort of in a blogging rut.  I am still following and reading tons of blogs every day, but my own inspiration to write frequently is definitely lacking.  I am hoping to get it back sometime soon.

I am linking up with Carissa over at lowercase letters for Miscellany Monday.





3 comments:

Eyes Wide Open said...

Happy Birthday!!! You got some amazing weather to have the day off. Enjoy!
xx

B. Wilson said...

Happy Birthday, friend! That food looks delicious.

KatiePerk said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you have the day off. That is a nice birthday treat. I turned 30 on Saturday and took Friday off. I spent it meal planning, cleaning etc. But it was way better than working!!