Monday, May 14, 2012

Miscellany Monday

1. My 34th Birthday

Today is my 34th birthday.  I remember when I thought that was old.  I certainly don't feel old.  I don't feel like I think 34 should feel... if that is even possible. To celebrate my birthday I took the day off of work.  I have no idea how I will spend my day... other than I will spend it not working.  Yay me.  With that said, I will probably spend an hour meal planning and grocery shopping.

2. Mother's Day

Thanks to Chris and Maddie I had a great day.  I would say my favorite thing was the beautiful card I received from my husband.  Maddie and Chris brought me breakfast, flowers, cards, and a book.  Madison even made me a hand painted flower pot at school.  I was so surprised they made stuff at her new middle school. Then we spent the afternoon at the mall (Maddie needed new bathing suits) and had a fabulous lunch at PF Changs.  It was a great, yet bittersweet today... I cannot help but think how different today should have been. 



3. Blogging Blah

I am sort of in a blogging rut.  I am still following and reading tons of blogs every day, but my own inspiration to write frequently is definitely lacking.  I am hoping to get it back sometime soon.

I am linking up with Carissa over at lowercase letters for Miscellany Monday.





3 comments:

Eyes Wide Open said...

Happy Birthday!!! You got some amazing weather to have the day off. Enjoy!
xx

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Happy Birthday, friend! That food looks delicious.

KatiePerk said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you have the day off. That is a nice birthday treat. I turned 30 on Saturday and took Friday off. I spent it meal planning, cleaning etc. But it was way better than working!!