Monday, March 19, 2012

Miscellany Monday

It is time for Miscellany Monday.

1. Madison and I drove to New Jersey (only 4 hours away... not bad) to visit my friend, Erin, and her family for her daughter's christening.  We had a fabulous time and I cannot wait to share some photos and to tell you about our trip and the yummy food and cupcakes I made for the brunch Erin and her husband hosted after the church service.  My only complaint... the trip was so easy and so much fun... I am kicking myself for not having gone sooner. 

2. Today I went grocery shopping.. at 1:30 PM... without having any lunch.  It was a bad idea.  I went with a meal plan and a grocery list... but ended up with so much more.  I didn't really stick to a budget today... and that really goes make grocery shopping so much more fun. A few months back when we were on a tight budget, I couldn't always get everything I wanted.  So it was nice today to fill up the cart with everything we needed... and some other things I would normally pass up due to cost.  I am loving that the grocery store has whole pineapples for $2.99! What a bargain.

3. My husband is temporarily working the 12-8 shift.  The pros are - more money for this shift and mornings together (although I am usually working... but it is from home).  The cons are - not being able to eat dinner together as a family and him not being able to spend much time with Maddie in the afternoons.  It is nice to know it is only temporary.

4. I will share that one of the things I made over the weekend was my Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball.  It is one of our family favorites and so easy.  So today I picked up the ingredients to make it. It is super simply - one 8 oz brick of softened cream cheese, 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese, and 1 envelope of Hidden Valley Ranch dry seasoning salad dressing mix.  I throw it all in my Kitchenaid mixed on high.  Then I line a small bowl with plastic wrap, scoop the mixture in, wrap it with the plastic wrap and mold it into a ball.  Chill for two hours and then serve with Wheat Thins (it really tastes the best with those).  I promise you this is so easy and a BIG hit whenever I make it to bring somewhere.

5. The weather has been AMAZING!! I am so thankful.  I love not needing a coat, not looking like an idiot wearing my beloved flip flops, and having the windows open.  Hello Spring! I am working tonight on getting my spring decorations out.

No comments: