Friday, June 22, 2012

{Insta} Friday


I am linking up for Insta Friday.


On Sunday I baked cupcakes.  These are the three I did.  All our chocolate buttermilk cake.  The top is covered with a white chocolate peanut buttercream with a mini Reese's on top.  The bottom left (Madison's favorite) is covered with vanilla buttercream and Oreo crumbles.  The bottom right is vanilla buttercream with rainbow sprinkles.  I brought these to our Father's Day dinner out with family and they were a big hit.  The extras were packaged individually and sent to school with Madison on Monday to give out to her teachers.

A close up of the white chocolate peanut butter one.
On Tuesday Madison and I picked up my mother-in-law and took her for a manicure/pedicure for a belated Mother's Day gift.  Afterwards we took her to one of our favorite places for lunch.  Here is my Greek salad with grilled chicken and felafal.  The dressing is homemade tzatziki sauce.  She really enjoyed her first time at this place.

We have no central air.  It STINKS! This was my setup on Wednesday.  I worked from the kitchen table with the fan blowing in my face.

Yesterday should have been my due date.  My sweet friend, Jill, who suffered a miscarriage exactly a month after me sent me these beautiful flowers yesterday.  They are on the table in my entry way.  I was totally caught off guard, but truly appreciate her friendship and thoughtfulness.
These beauties are from out front yard.  Madison picked them on Sunday morning and arranged them in this vase for us.  She also made an arrangement and delivered it to our neighbor.

Sunday morning Madison and I whipped these up. They are just little candy baggies filled with gumballs and a fun label she created on our computer.  She gave them out to her cousins Sunday night and to her friends at school on Monday.


I am mom2maddie99 on Instagram if you would like to follow me.


No comments: