Friday, March 11, 2011

A Day in the Life of a Middle School Teacher

I teach middle school.

This is my ninth and final year of teaching.


I am worn out. I am frustrated. It has nothing to do with the kids. I am ready for a change.

With that said,  today was a pretty good day. I had a fabulous descriptive writing lesson planned and my three classes today LOVED it. I gave the kids cheese balls and they filled out a 5 senses chart describing their cheese balls. Then they turned it into a descriptive paragraph. I think they were just happy to have the tiny snack. They all love any activity involving food. We had these cheese balls left over from a family gift exchange over Christmas and I thought they would be perfect for this activity.

{Here is a student participating in the activity}
Something funny happened at work today. One being I intercepted this note being passed from one student to another.


This was on the back -








4 comments:

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Hahah! I love that note. This is why middle schoolers are so much more exciting than elementary kids.

RI, huh? Wow! And where are you moving from? I know all about moving and re-adjusting. I feel like I've been doing it for 2 years... wait... I have!

Looks like we'll both be in similar situations very soon. I'll be reading. :)

Melissa @ A Dozen Years Later said...

Thanks for commenting :)

We are moving from Virginia Beach, VA to the Newport area of Rhode Island for my husband's job.

Gina said...

Awww. I've been considering going back to middle school. I've been missing it and that note reminds me why.

Jennifer said...

I used to teach 8th grade language arts and this is exactly the kind of writing assignment I would have done. Food really gets their attention!

I'm visiting from the Mingle With Us Blog Hop. I blog at Family Musings.