Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

I was very close to my paternal grandmother.  She was a very influential person in my life.  She died while I was pregnant with Madison.  I was heartbroken.  My grandma loved to cook and I have fond memories of her making us the most fabulous little pancakes which she served with this thick maple syrup in a tiny little ceramic pitcher with a kitty on the handle. 
Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting
 I woke up the other morning from a very vivid dream...the parts of it that I do remember are that my grandmother was vividly there and I was at her house for a visit.  I walked into this bedroom and there were all sorts of fabulous cookies all over the entire room.  It sounds crazy...but ever since my dreams of opening a small bakery of some sort one day have been in the forefront of my mind.

I have been baking like crazy... 

I am in the process of opening an etsy bakery as a starting point... 

I have been thinking of a plan and a menu...

I have been teaching since 2002.  I feel as if it is no longer my calling.  I need a job change.  I want to do something I love.  I want to open a bakery.

I am going to open Betty Ray's Bakery (after my grandmother).

1 comment:

The Roberts said...

I remember those awesome little pancakes. Aren't you shocked that I remember....lol. I think your bakery dream is very cool. Great name choice as well:)