Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Thankful Thursday


It is fitting that it is Thankful Thursday and Thanksgiving. 

Yesterday I had my three honors classes and I gave them a journal entry to tell me what they were thankful for.  Here are some of the responses from my 6th grade students -

I am thankful for so many things I really do not need like me ipod and my Netbook.

I am thankful my parents have a vehicle to take me to school.

I am thankful for three meals a day and snacks in between.

I am thankful for my teachers who take time out of their day to teach me.

I am thankful for living in a big house. My mom was able to find us a big house.

I am thankful to my teachers who show me the way to another world.

I am thankful for being alive.

I thought they had some great things to say.  Here are a few things I am thankful for -

(1) My happy and healthy daughter and a fabulous husband

(2) My family and a friends

(3) A house we love in a safe neighborhood

(4) Living in a country where we have so many freedoms and choices

(5) Being able to shop online from the comfort of my couch for all sorts of fabulous things...things I need...and the things I think I need.

(6) Fountain soda diet cokes...it sounds crazy...but I love a nice fountain soda...especially a diet cherry one from Sonic.

(7) All of the fabulous days off and leave I get from my job as a teacher...including the 3 personal days I plan on taking in January to spend some time visiting my parents, sister, niece, and nephew.

(8) Memories and photographs of past people, events, and things.

Happy Thanksgiving

No comments: