Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Recipe - Pecan Pumpkin Butter Bars

Back in October my mom came to visit and brought me this lovely jar of pumpkin pecan butter from Williams-Sonoma.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it. Then one day at work I was looking at recipes online and found myself scrolling through the Bakerella blog.  She had a recipe that called for this jar of pumpkin fabulousness.  I immediately printed it out and planned on making it for Thanksgiving.
So tonight I made them.  I made the Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter BARS.  When they came out of the oven...I let them cool for a bit and then proceeded to devour probably something close to a 4 x 4 inch square of these bars.  They were AMAZING.  I cannot wait to share them tomorrow at Thanksgiving dinner.  These are not cheap to make.  The pecan pumpkin butter the recipe calls for is usually $9.95 but is now on sale for $6.99.  I urge you to pick up a jar or two when you are out shopping this weekend to make a tray or two of these bars.  You will not be disappointed.  Here are some other recipes you can make with the pecan pumpkin butter too.

Here are my bars -

Here is the recipe -

Ingredients-

18.25 oz. package yellow cake mix, set aside one cup


1/2 cup butter, melted

3 large eggs

13.5 oz. jar of Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter

2 Tbsp milk

1 Tbsp flour

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup butter, softened

1 tsp cinnamon

Directions -
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease and flour a 9 X 13 pan.

Divide cake mix, placing all but one cup in a mixing bowl.

Stir the melted butter and one egg into the cake mix until combined.

Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.

In another bowl, mix pumpkin butter with two eggs and milk until combined.

Spread pumpkin mixture over pressed cake mix.

Stir the reserved 1 cup of cake mix with the flour, sugar, and cinnamon.

Then add the softened butter and mix together until crumbly.

Sprinkle over the top of the pumpkin layer.

Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool and cut into 2 ” squares. Serves 24.



No comments: