Monday, December 6, 2010

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe

This afternoon I threw this simple recipe into the crock pot.  We had a late lunch today so tonight we each only tried a little bit...it was fabulous.  The rest I put into individual containers for lunches during the week.  It is a yummy and easy winter meal.

{not the best photo...but I promise it is tasty}

Ingredients -

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 TBL butter
1 finely chopped onion
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 cans of refrigerated biscuit dough

Directions -

Place chicken, butter, onion, and soup in the crock pot and fill with water just until the chicken is covered.  Cook on high for 6-8 hours.  About 30 minutes before you are ready to eat, break apart the biscuit pieces and place in the crock pot.  Stir and continue to cook until the biscuits are cooked all of the way through.


1 comment:

DollarMama said...

I'm making this tonight! I did subsitute one can of cream of chicken soup with cream of celery (because that's all I had) but I'm hoping it won't change the flavor too much. I'll let you know how it turns out!