Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010 Recap

Merry Christmas 2010 - our first Christmas as a married couple!

We began our celebration on Thursday with a trip to Jason's Deli for lunch.  Then we opened up our stockings when we got home.



We got up early Friday morning, stopped for gas and breakfast, and then headed to visit my parents.  It was our very first road trip in our new car.

We enjoyed dinner out with my parents and some friends.  When we got home Madison opened two of her presents...a sweater and some black Ugg boots (which she LOVED).


Christmas morning we woke up and exhanged gifts.  Then we had a pancake and bacon breakfast.




Chris, Maddie, and my dad took an afternoon trip to the movies to see True Grit.

I worked on making macaroni and cheese { recipe to follow} and cheesey grean bean casserole for a family dinner on Sunday.

We enjoyed Christmas dinner at Chengs - a local Chinese restaurant.  YUM! We each had a drink and we shared a Pu-Pu platter.  Then we had plates of sweet and sour chicken, Mongolian beef, sesame chicken, general tso's chicken, and another dish with vegetables, filet chunks, and shrimp.  We left stuffed.

Later than evening we watched Invictus.  It was good but I thought it was slow at some parts.

Sunday morning we woke up and I went to Target with my mom looking for a few deals.  I ended up with some holiday plastic cutlery, foil, and cups all 50% off.  I refrained from buying anything else to put away for next year.

Sunday afternoon was to be our annual family dinner.  Due to the weather we had limited  guests for our dinner and gift swap.  We served grilled jerk pork tenderloin, macaroni and cheese, and cheesey green bean casserole.


No comments: