Saturday, January 1, 2011

10 Things In 2010

In no particular order...here are 10 Things In 2010 that happened in our lives.  We are thankful for the wonderful things that happened in our lives in 2010 and are looking forward to a fabulous 2011.
{This is my favorite photos from our wedding...we have a huge canvas of it on our living room wall}
ONE
I got married.  7. 17. 10.  We had an amazing wedding at the beach with our friends and family.  It was all pink and lime green. It everything I had hoped and planned for...it was definitely US.    I designed our wedding invitations...we had a candy buffet...and my husband built a cupcake tower - I loved that so much of our wedding was DIY.  We were so thankful my parents helped to make our day so amazing  I love looking back at the photos taken by the talented Amy Sandoval - who helped to make me feel beautiful on this special day.
TWO
I did lots and lots of baking.  It is my dream to one day open a bakery.  It has been a slow start with the opening of an etsy shop and a Facebook fan page.  It is definitely my plan in 2011 to get this business going. 
THREE
Madison started middle school. She turned 11.  She celebrated with a party with some of her closest friends at a local ice skating rink.  She loves movies, the computer, and anything having to do with vampires.  She loves wearing jeans, t-shirts, and hoodies...with her UGG boots.  Her favorite class at school is foreign language - where she has formed a love for French.  This year she also gained a dad.  It warms my heart to see the special relationship the two of them have developed.  It is something she has deserved all along.
FOUR
We bought a family car.  A Toyota Highlander.  We absolutely love it.  It is really going to come in handy for us in 2011 {see TEN below}.

FIVE
I worked all year long on creating a 2010 Shutterfly photo book.  I did a great job of keeping up with it.  It is filled with 88 pages of memories and photos.  I am holding out for a great coupon or sale before I order it.  I definitely plan on starting a 2011 one.  I hope to share it here on the blog once it arrives in the mail.
  SIX
We got to spend both Thanksgiving and Christmas with my parents this year.  We traveled up to their home for both occasions.  Madison even got to spend a few extra days following Christmas with Grammy and Pop.
SEVEN
We took a honeymoon cruise out of Baltimore to the Bahamas and Grand Turk two weeks after our wedding.  It was one of the best decisions we made to wait a bit.  We would have been too drained to go the day after the wedding.

EIGHT
My mother and sister threw me an amazing baby BRIDAL shower in April.  I finally got to meet my niece, Olivia for the first time.  One of my dearest friends, Erin, was able to travel from New Jersey to attend.  It definitely was a wonderful day.

{Edited to change to BRIDAL shower...my friend Julia sent me a message this morning after I had already published this post to point out my mistake...I must have babies on the brain}

NINE
I started my ninth year of teaching middle school.  I also discovered that teaching is no longer where my heart is for a variety of reasons.  Although I am an enjoying having many of Madison's friends in my English classes this year.  I have a great group of kids and I work with a fabulous team. I am hoping that our move will be the kick in the pants I need to change careers.
TEN
We confirmed a 2011 move for our family.  It has always been in the works...from when I first met Chris.  In 2011 it will finally occur.  It will also mean a separation of about 3 months for our family as Chris heads up early to begin work while Madison and I finish out the school year.  It is definitely bittersweet - it will be a new start, we will be closer to Chris' family and to many of mine up in New England, and it is a good career move for Chris, however Madison and I have always lived in Virginia and we LOVE our home here.  It means a new job for me and a new school and new friends for Madison. RHODE ISLAND here we come. 


blogdign

3 comments:

Kara said...

I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award because I think you are stylish and fabulous!!

Check it out:
http://happy-go-lucky-harvey.blogspot.com

heather said...

Nice to meet you! ;) Found you from your comment on Kelle's blog. Beautiful necklace in your header. Had to comment because we share an anniversary. It will be 15 years for us on July 17th!

DollarMama said...

Love this! And yes, I am a dear friend. Still so sorry we missed the wedding though :-(