Monday, January 31, 2011

Miscellany Monday

I am linking up with Carissa over at lowercase letters for Miscellany Monday.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. Friday morning was a teacher workday.  I didn't have to go in.  I woke up with my husband around 6 am to 4 text messages.  They caught me off guard.  I immediately called my friend, Erin.  Our friend, Kelly Parsley Jackson was dead.  Kelly had been shot Thursday morning in her home...by her husband.  Her sweet, beautiful, and innocent daughter, Brynn, age 9 witnessed this horrible event.  Her tiny, handsome, unsuspecting son, Baryck, age 2 was in the house when it happened.  I sobbed.  I still cannot grasp what happened...how can it be true? Kelly was a GEM of a person...an amazing mother, supportive friend, and just a rarity of a soul.  {HERE} is one of the news articles about this unnecessary event.  I am heartbroken and weep daily for my friend who will never see her children grow up and for her children who will never be tucked into bed by their mother again.


2. I had a coupon for a free Peanut Butter Snickers.  I picked one up at the grocery store tonight.  I thought it was pretty good.

3. It is supposed to be in the high 60's here on Wednesday.  I am super excited for that.  I wonder if I will look CRAZY if I wear a sundress and sandals to work? I sure am ready for spring.


4. I picked up The Social Network at Redbox this afternoon.  I love Facebook and have been looking forward to watching this movie for some time.  Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

{Source}

5. I picked up the ingredients to make my husband this chocolate ganache cake that I saw over at Keeping up with the Jones.  I plan on making it tomorrow.  I think he will really enjoy it. Kendall has some fabulous recipes that I cannot wait to try.

No comments: