Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thursday Random Thoughts...

~ First of all... I watched Dancing With the Stars this week just so I could see Chaz Bono's performance.  I never watch and I give my mom crap all of the time because she loves this show.   I am pretty open minded and have zero issues with him performing on the show as a man.  I don't have to understand it or like it, but I believe it's his right.  Although we do not have any transgender family members... I have gay family members...and I was never brought up thinking it was weird, wrong, or strange...because it isn't...and I don't.  Madison has been around my gay family members has gone to school for years with families that were "different"... with two moms or two dads or just a mom or just a dad... so it isn't weird to her either.  I guess if you don't like the show now because he's on there... then don't watch it.... but I am not sure why others let it affect them so much.

~ Being a stay at home mom/housewife has always been my dream.   Except now I stay home and my kid is in 7th grade... so while it was fun at first... I am starting to get a little bored.  I am starting to miss my daily adult interaction that I had when I worked as a teacher.  It doesn't really help that I have met like zero people here and have no friends here, so that makes it even more isolating.   Any suggestions on friend making?

~ Being a stay at home mom/housewife and living on one income because now I pretty much make zero ... although I will take this time to shamelessly plug my two current business ventures, Betty Ray's Bakery - great items... but seriously the brownies... amazing and I started to sell Scentsy products.   I am going to be offering a giveaway for each of those businesses in October on my blog... or if you have a blog and are interested in hosting a giveaway for one of those two businesses... let me know!




Anyways... since being on one income I have become frugal... which kind of makes me wish I had been more frugal when we had two full-time incomes.  I have been grocery shopping all of the time to make dinners at home for my family.  Since I have no friends... I eat lunch at home now every.single.day.  I shop sales... and put back things that we do not need. Well on Tuesday I needed paint at Michaels.  The shelf said it was on sale for $1.99, after I paid, I realized I had been charged $3.99.  The old "living on two incomes Melissa" would probably just have not worried about it.  Well the new "we have one income and I am going to make every dollar stretch Melissa", got back in line after checking the price for a refund... that was less than $2.00... and now that I sit here and type this... I may need to go back, because I don't think that girl did it right... I think Michaels owes me more money.

No comments: