Thursday, August 18, 2011

DIY - Bathroom Decor

I decided to do a beachy/ocean/nautical themed bathroom in our new house.  Our new bathroom has a lot of wall space.  I set out to create a 3 piece set of art for the bathroom.  I am so happy with how they turned out.

 I used Picnik to create my prints.  I saved them as JPEG files.  Then I uploaded them to CVS and ordered 5x7 prints (which were less than $1).  I got the frames for $1.99 each at this great little shop near our new house called Christmas Tree Shops. I love this store... I have picked up lots of fun items here...and it isn't what it sounds like... I only saw 1 aisle of Christmas stuff.

I traced around the frames on leftover packing paper, cut them out, and taped them up on the wall to make sure I had them spaced out how I wanted them.  Then I put the nail in the wall with the paper up and then removed the paper.  I will definitely be using this technique (which I saw on Pinterest) to hang the rest of our frames.



The set of these three prints are available for digital download in my etsy shop... if you are interested.  Use code "BLOG1" to save 15% off your first purchase.



Then you can print them out at your local drug store, Target, Costco, etc... and frame them. 

Contact me through etsy if you are interested in different colors or different sea creatures... I can do custom prints for you.

1 comment:

ginloveshemp said...

These are really adorable! I love your idea. I'm going for more of a different theme, but I like the silhouettes against the patterned background.