Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday Randoms

~ I got up this morning and did my Christmas dinner grocery shopping fairly early (9am).  It was still a mad house.  My best find was sweet cinnamon Cool Whip.  I have never seen it before, but I will be using it to top a pumpkin pudding pie I have added to our menu.  I stopped yesterday after babysitting to get my ham at BJ's. 

~ Also, since we do not have seating for 8... I am serving Christmas dinner buffet style... and on plastic sectioned plates...with paper napkins... and plastic cutlery.  Fancy stuff over her I tell you...

~ Madison had her first "babysiting" job Wednesday evening.  She did great and on Thursday afternoon (we both went over that morning to watch the kids - 3 of them - a 2 1/2 year old boy and twin 7 month old girls) the mom asked her to start coming every Thursday evening.  She is super excited about her job and for a chance to make a steady income.

~ Also, after babysitting Madison and I were starving and went to Wendy's for lunch.  They had raspberry Diet Coke!!!! I was super excited.  I will be going there in the very near future for another one.

~ I have a pile of dishes in the sink... to do AGAIN.  The crappy thing about eating at home... is there are always dishes to do...sigh...

~ I am working on a 2011 recap post... which is going to be probably boring and depressing because 2011 was a real crapper of a year for us.  I'd like to say it can only go up from here... but the Debbie Downer in me knows it could always get way worse... still I am holding out for a much better 2012.

~ I have a list of things I want to accomplish in 2012, but instead of making yearly goals or resolutions... I am dividing them up into months... smaller goals for each month.

~ I am so looking forward to our Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow at PF Changs... it is one of my favorite places and we haven't been in forever.  I may even treat myself to a drink... I do not remember the last time I had a sip of alcohol... I may get dessert too... I plan on splurging.

No comments: