Saturday, June 25, 2011

An Afternoon at Color Me Mine

 A few months ago I bought a $15 for $30 Groupon at Color Me Mine - a local pottery place where you paint a piece of pottery, they fire it, and you pick it up a few days later.  We've been going there for years and decided to use our Groupon yesterday afternoon.  So after a quick lunch at Moe's (the 2nd time in two days), we headed a few doors down to paint.

{A view of Color Me Mine}


{Here is my plate.  I sketched out my design for a cupcake on it}
{Painting my plate lime green}

{Madison made a tray.  She painted it black and then did multicolored dots}

{Painting the cupcake liner}

{Painting the icing}

{My almost finished piece...with sprinkles and all.  Once it is fired and glazed the colors will appear much differently}

If you have a Color Me Mine or a similar painting place I suggest you go.  It's fun and relaxing.  We really had a great time.  Our finished pieces will not be available for pick up until next week.  I cannot wait to show you how they turned out.

1 comment:

Gina said...

That turned out so cute! We painted pottery for Father's Day gifts and the whole time I was thinking that I couldn't wait to go back alone, and that it'd be perfect for a girls' night.