Saturday, June 25, 2011

Madison's Pool Party

Our neighborhood has a great little pool and cabana area you can rent out.  We decided to let Madison throw a small end of the year pool party with some friends.

I designed these super cute invitations for the party -


Then I purchased scrapbook paper, gum balls, and plastic baggies from the local craft store.  I used a template and made a topper using PowerPoint which says "Have a BALL this summer"...get it? I filled the bags with gum balls :) , printed it out, and assembled these little goody bags for the girls who attended.  I arranged them in a small green tin I already had.



Then I made these super cute cupcakes for the girls -

I made homemade almond cupcakes and butter cream frosting.  I tinted the butter cream frosting and used it to frost the cupcakes.  Then I used my food processor to finely chop up and handful of Teddy Grahams.  Then I dipped half the cupcake into the crumbled Teddy Grahams to give the effect of sand..  Then I stuck a Teddy Graham (Madison helped with this part) inside a Gummy Life Saver and put it in the blue section (water).  I finally stuck a little paper umbrella into the sand.  They were a huge hit, tasted great, and looked super cute.

Only four girls ended up coming...we had Pizza Hut pizza (I forgot how tasty their thin crust pizza is), sodas, and tortilla chips and cheese dip.  They played in the pool for hours and were singing songs and making up games.

By the way, I just love these little collages, they were made on my IPhone with an app called Diptic.  I read about it on a blog.  It was only $1.99 and I love it almost as much as I love my Instagram app.

3 comments:

~Christy~ said...

I LOVE the cupcakes! SO CUTE!!! I might have to try that for Bella's or Gabby's birthday party! LOVE the idea of the Teddy Graham IN the Lifesaver gummy. :-)

Anonymous said...

cute party! you did an awesome job! love the gumballs!

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

I Love this idea! I'm thinking I need to do this for my Princess! Thank you so much for the fabulous idea! I am your newest follower! I would love it you'd follow me back! :)