Thursday, June 16, 2011

What a Day...

Today was my last teaching.  I hope its a forever sort of thing.  I have no desire to ever go back to full time teaching.  I finished packing up my room and headed out.  I didn't feel sad at all.  I have known for awhile I was ready to leave...that I needed to leave teaching.  I actually felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.  I had to go downtown to turn in my badge, do an exit interview, and to turn in my resignation form.

Then I took Madison to the book store for two new books and then lunch at Moes (which is her favorite).


Then we headed over to Target.  We are visiting my parents' this weekend and I wanted to bake some yummy Father's Day treats for my dad.  I plan on making my Peanut Butter Blondies as well as Snickerdoodles (his favorite).   The one by Moes has a grocery section...so I figured it would be more fun than a trip to the grocery store.  I told Madison since we were going out of town she needed to choose something for dinner.  She chose Bagel Bites and I chose this yummy looking salad that has dried cherries, goat cheese, grilled chicken, and walnuts...which was only $4.  I cannot wait to try it.


When I got home I remember that my friend, Dennis, from work had given me a card before I left.  This was my first year with Dennis on my 6th grade cluster even though he has worked at the school longer than me.  I had a fabulous cluster this year and we all got along great and were always joking around and laughing...trying to keep our sanity.  Well you know when I said earlier I wasn't sad AT ALL today...well when I read the card from Dennis and saw the generous gift card inside...I cried simpy because it was heartwarming to read the kind words he had to say to me.

I am anxious to see what the future brings for my family and I.

1 comment:

Amanda Joy Petersen said...

That is so exciting to have one adventure end, and another one begin:)

Have a blast with your parents this weekend.

Amanda Joy
www.joyinthejumble.com