Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MTV's 16 & Pregnant Adoption Special

I will admit it.  I am 33.  I watch 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom.  I watch it every single week.

I guess in some ways its like watching a train wreck.

Sometimes there are story lines which I really think are amazing.

Such as the story of Catelynn and Tyler.

{Source}
Now I mean this in the nicest possible way... Catelynn and Tyler...well they don't come from the best families.  Tyler's dad is remarried to Catelynn's mom.  His dad is now in jail.  Catelynn's mom is a poster child for poor parenting.  It is amazing that out of all of the episodes of this I have watched... I think Catelynn and Tyler are the smartest out of all of them.

Catelynn and Tyler chose to give their baby up for adoption make a life plan for their baby.   On last night's adoption special they had a guest on there who said it is best to refer to adoption in this way.  It makes sense.  Catelynn and Tyler knew their baby would have a much better life with a more established family.  They placed Carly with Brandon and Teresa.

{Source}
On last night's episode Brandon and Teresa were on there talking about their life with Carly.  They even showed a video of her.  Their story is such a fabulous example of everything wonderful about adoption.

While watching it I was sobbing... like a hysterical sobbing mess.  I just think it is such a great story.  I wish adoption was more affordable for average-middle class people who want babies.  I wouldn't mind adopting a baby... I just think it is so expensive.

Did you watch? What were your thoughts on the special?

No comments: