Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Super Fabulous Time Together

I am so glad I decided to make the drive to Rhode Island last to spend some time with my husband.  We had a super fabulous time together.    We spent 5 great nights in a beautiful hotel, spent time with my husband's family, shopping, eating great meals, and just spending quality time together with one another.  We explored our new town to be (as of August 1st we will be residents of Rhode Island).  I really learned to love our new town when we were there and I am so excited for our future.

As we approach the end of our first year of marriage (our anniversary is July 17, 2011) we looked at this trip almost like a second honeymoon...and to be honest it was way better than our honeymoon.  As I got into my car on Wednesday morning to drive the 9 hours back to Virginia to pick up Madison... I was filled with so much hope and excitement for our future.

Our first year of marriage has not been awful, but it certainly hasn't been all unicorns and rainbows either.  We have had our shares of ups and downs... We were both in jobs we were not happy with, we were dealing with the orchestrating of an upcoming move which at times did not go as smoothly has it should have, house-hunting, raising a pre-teen, and some other minor things that added a bit of stress to our relationship.

I am definitely excited to see what year 2 has in store for us.  We only have three + weeks until we are reunited again for good...and in the middle of that we get to meet up again for a fabulous wedding (which I am doing the baking for...more to come about that soon).

The countdown is on to our big move.

1 comment:

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

The baking?! I sure hope you share those pictures!!!

Glad you had an amazing time. I hope it was worth the 9 hours each way. Sounds like it was. The countdown is on until you are all reunited and in Rhode Island! So exciting.