Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Trip to Rhode Island - Part Two

Sunday morning we slept in and then spent most of the morning hooked on the Casey Anthony trial. Then we drove to pick up my mother-in-law.  We took her to lunch at one of her favorite places, Chili's.  Then we hit Kohl's and Home Goods.

After dropping her back at home we headed to get some ice cream at a place called Gray's.  It was fabulous.  I had peanut butter cup and Chris had coffee Oreo.  They had cows behind the place in a small pasture.  We will definitely be going back and taking Madison.



On Monday (4th of July)...we were once again hooked on the Casey Anthony trial and got a late start.  We decided to head to Providence for the day to go shopping at a big shopping center there called Providence Place Mall. I looked it up on my iPhone and saw they had a Crate & Barrel so I was super excited to go.  We got a little bit lost getting there, but eventually found it.  We went to a fabulous place for lunch called Joe's.

We saved Crate & Barrel for last...and wouldn't you know when we got there it was the only store in the entire shopping center that was closed for the holiday.  I was a little annoyed. 

This mall had the weirdest thing... I have never seen anything like this before.  You pay for your parking before you get in your car and leave the garage.  Does anyone else have this where they live?

After leaving the mall we headed to my father-in-law's house.  We watched TV, hung out, and ordered carryout for dinner.  I really enjoyed getting to know my father-in-law a little bit better and listening to some of his funny stories. 

Chris had to get up on Tuesday morning to go to work... although I was on vacation... he wasn't.  Tuesday was the first day his new boss was reporting to work as well as his new team, so he had to go.  I slept in, straightened up the hotel suite, and watched some TV.  I planned on running to the grocery store for him and going to a few stores as well as meeting him for lunch, but was super happy when he texted to say his new boss agreed to let him leave at 11:30.  I was ready and waiting when he got home...and we headed into Newport for the afternoon.


Newport is such a beautiful area.  We found parking and had a tasty lunch at a placed called The Red Parrot.  Afterwards we added some more money to our parking meter and walked around for a bit.  We stopped for a Del's Frozen Lemonade...YUMMY!!

Afterwards we headed to the Christmas Tree Shop where for just $22 I picked up tons of home decor stuff for our new bathroom. 

Then we headed to the grocery store to pick up some items for Chris for the week as he is still in the hotel.  Imagine my surprise when I saw these on the cake aisle!! Score!! I picked them up for $1.99 and cannot wait to make some sort of banana cupcake in them.


To finish up our fabulous time together we spent Tuesday evening in bed watching a prison show called Hard Time and eating this tasty ice cream treats.


2 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like you had a great time. That is how we paid for parking at one of the hospitals out of state we were taking Cheyenne to...weird!!

LeeAnne said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm enjoying reading your most recent posts. Looks like you had a fun trip! The parking garage kiosk made me chuckle. We have those all over where I live (San Francisco Bay Area). Very few parking garage attendants anymore...