Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 3 - Miscellany Monday

I am linking up with Carissa at lowercase letters for Miscellany Monday.

1. Fun New Photos

Here are some fun photos I took this past weekend when Madison and I stopped at a farmer's market for some pumpkins.



Here is a photo of Madison reading in bed on Saturday night.   I love that she is 11 and acts 11.  I love that she is not boy crazy.


2. Facebook Weirdos

I would say just about every day I am stunned at some of the stuff people post on Facebook.  Stunned.  Imagine my surprise when this morning as I was checking Facebook I saw this status update from a girl I went to high school with.  Who says this kind of stuff? Who posts this kind of stuff on Facebook? Who says they had awesome *1@? Eww.... TMI... Names have been blocked out to protect the trashy. 



3. Early Morning Grocery Shopping

I took Madison to Dunking Donuts this morning and then dropped her off at school.  Then I headed to the grocery store at 8 AM.  Nobody is there at 8 AM, everything is stocked, and there is no line at the deli counter.  I like to grocery shop at 8 AM on a weekday morning.  I spent too much money... like usual.... but we have groceries for the week and snacks for lunchboxes and I have a meal plan which consists of steak and cheese subs - made with real steak...not that Steakum mess...and mine are better than any one you will get at a sub shop, chicken souvlaki, rigatoni with meat sauce, and chicken tacos for the next 4 days.


4. Credit Card Fraud Stinks

I went to the post office this morning to mail two boxes - one to my niece and nephew (filled with all sorts of Halloween goodies - books, stickers, candy, etc...) in Las Vegas... which by the way shipping a measly 2 lb box to Vegas is $$$ and another box to Kara @ Happy Go Lucky and my debit card was denied.  So of course my mind starts racing... and I know that there is money in the account (this is my side account... the one I use for etsy and random purchases of diet cokes at McDonalds or Starbucks so that my husband doesn't think I'm wasting money).  So I use our other debit card and head home.  I check online and there are two purchases I did not make.  One to a hotel and one to Wal-Mart.  Both in Texas... which I have never been too, nor do I know anyone there.  So I call and they take care of it all for me, but until my new card comes there is a hold on my account... which means no secret etsy purchases, diet cokes, or Starbucks for 5-7 days.

5. Job Interview Jitters

I have had two real adult  jobs.   Both of them were teaching jobs, one in 2002 and one in 2003.  My interviews were easy and painless and I got both jobs.  I have an interview tomorrow at 11 AM.  YIKES! I was pretty sure it was going to be a phone interview... great... easier... no big deal.  Nope... its via Skype.  YIKES! That means I need to be showered and dressed in something work appropriate (at least from the waist up) and ready to go at 11 AM tomorrow.  Wish me luck... I need and want this job.



2 comments:

Moments and Impressions said...

Good luck on your interview! Practice your Skype talking and camera placement tonight.

Lisa Liberati said...

Good luck!