Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 8 - Paint Chip Art - Canvas Monogram

I made this the other week for Madison's bedroom.  You could even make several letters on one canvas or make several canvases to spell out a word or a full name.


It was super easy to make and I love the way I turned out.

Supplies -

-any size canvas
-paint color of your choice
-paint chips in any color(s) of your choice
-mod podge
-saran wrap

Directions -

-Paint your canvas.  I used spray paint, but any craft paint would work.

-Choose your paint chips and cut them into various sized squares and rectangles.



-Draw the outline of the monogram on your canvas.



-Spread mod podge over the monogram and add the paint chip pieces until the monogram is completely covered.  Some of them should overlap.



-Cover the entire canvas with another layer of mod podge. Then cover it with saran wrap and smooth it over the canvas, this helps you make sure the paint chips are laying flat without getting the mod podge on your hands.  When everything is smooth, remove the saran wrap so the canvas will begin to dry.


-Let dry and then hang.


I swear I had scheduled this to post yesterday, but I guess I didn't.  So Day 8 and Day 9 will post today.


1 comment:

Gina said...

This is so cute. I've never tried mod podge but I've always wanted to.